Chris Tucker Net Worth Chris Tucker American comedian, and actor who is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. Chris Tucker Net Worth Chris Tucker normally earns from acting but has been in deep financial trouble for not paying taxes. Chris Tucker’s movie; Rush Hour 1 and Rush Hour 2 collected a business of $3 million and $347 million worldwide respectively and he held out a $ 20 million salary. Later he was paid $25 million for Rush Hour 3. He was a part of two movie contract worth $40 million with New Line Cinema. He got nominated for MTV Awards for playing of Detective James Carter in the Rush Hour, Best Fight, Best Comedic Performance, Best On-Screen Duo, and Favourite Male Movie Star and in Kid’s Choice Awards.
From his total earning we can estimate his Net Worth around $11.5 million.
Fall and Rise Chris Tucker Net Worth
Rush Hour 3‘s disappointment forced Tucker to re-evaluate his career and movie choices. Offers came, but Tucker turned them down. It was a full five years before Tucker would appear on the big screen again.
“The break wasn’t planned—it just happened that way,” Tucker told The New York Times in 2012. “I waited a long time and the right things weren’t coming to me—the roles I was offered weren’t that challenging—so I started trying to develop a bunch of projects for myself.”
But nothing stuck. Compounding matter was that Tucker also had to face severe financial difficulties. Despite his earnings, it was reported around this time that Tucker owed the IRS more than $12 million in back taxes.
In 2011, perhaps owing to the fact that he needed to work again, Tucker returned to the world of stand-up. His breakthrough return came the following year in the film Silver Linings Playbook, starring Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro and Jennifer Lawrence. The project cast Tucker as a funny but troubled man trying to overcome mental illness. The role drew praise from critics and jump-started talk about Tucker’s return to film.
|Chris Tucker Chris Tucker Net Worth|
|Tucker in March 2012|
|Full name||Christopher Tucker|
|Birthday/Birthplace||(1971-08-31) August 31, 1971
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Genre(s)||Blue comedy, black comedy, insult comedy, observational comedy|
|1992||Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper||Rapper|
|Def Comedy Jam||Himself||2 episodes|
|2001||Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special||Guest|
|2006||African American Lives|
|2015||Chris Tucker – Live||Himself||Netflix Exclusive Standup Special|
|1994||“Nuttin’ But Love”||Heavy D & the Boyz||Pimp|
|1995||“California Love”||Tupac Shakur featuring Dr. Dre & Roger Troutman||Guest|
|1997||“Feel So Good”||Mase||Guest|
|2001||“You Rock My World”||Michael Jackson||Gangster|
|2005||“Shake It Off”||Mariah Carey||Car passenger|
The Rush Hour Series
Tucker earned immense admiration and A-list celebrity status for his acting as the loud and brash ‘Detective James Carter’, the main protagonist in the ‘Rush Hour’ series of films (1998, 2001 and 2007) co-starring Jackie Chan. Tucker got astounding $ 25 million remuneration for ‘Rush Hour 3’ making him the highest paid actor in Hollywood in 2007.
He won several awards for the movie series like ‘MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo’ (1999) and ‘Kid’s Choice Awards – Favourite Male Movie Star’ (2002).
Return to Films
- Tucker took a break from films for five years rejecting several offers. He, however, returned to stand-up comedy in 2011 and acting in 2012 with the film ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ in the role of Danny McDaniels, an easy going man involved in a legal dispute with the mental hospital where he is admitted.
- Tucker was immensely praised for his acting and was one of the winners of the ‘Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Cast’. He was one of the recipients of the ‘Best Cast Ensemble’, ‘Capri Ensemble Cast’ Awards in 2012 and ‘Gold Derby Award- Ensemble Cast’ in 2013 for this film.
- Chris performed as himself in the Netflix Stand-up Special ‘Chris Tucker-Live’ in 2015 showcasing his comedic talents while sharing his experiences from childhood to the big times.
- In 2016, he acted as ‘Albert’ a producer in the war drama film ‘Billy Lynn’s Halftime Walk’. This film was a box office hit and got mixed reviews from critics.
- There are talks about a fourth ‘Rush Hour’ movie with Tucker to be titled ‘Grumpy Old Rush Hour’. However, he is currently more indulged in stand-up comedy.
A Humanitarian Chris Tucker Net Worth
- Tucker has supported many charitable organizations like ‘American Foundation for AIDS Research’, ‘US Doctors for Africa’ and ‘Britticares International’. He is the founder of non- profit organization called ‘The Chris Tucker Foundation’ which provides funds for youth development and welfare globally.
Personal Life & Legacy Chris Tucker Net Worth
- Tucker has had affairs with actresses like Nia Long, Vanessa Mendoza, India Arie and producer Gelila Asres.
- He was married to Azya Pryor and later the couple got divorced. Tucker has a teenage son, Destin Tucker, from this relationship who lives with his mother in Los Angeles.
- There were rumors of Tucker having an affair with news anchor, Cynne Simpson, and that they had secretly got married but the reports turned out false. Chris is apparently single off late.
- Tucker featured in many videos like Michael Jackson’s ‘You Rock My World’, Mariah Carey’s ‘Shake It Off in Ferrari’ and Tupac Shakur’s ‘California Love’.
- He testified in defence of Michael Jackson during his trial on charges of child molestation.
Accolades Chris Tucker Net Worth
Tucker’s honors have included awards from the Screen Actors Guild, Phoenix Film Critics Society, People’s Choice, Gotham, MTV, Image Awards, Gold Derby, Central Ohio Film Critics Association, BET and Blockbuster.
Chris Tucker’s net worth has moved into negative territory, but celebrities like country music star Carrie Underwood have done much better.
Early Life and his Career Chris Tucker Net Worth
Chris Tucker was born as Christopher Tucker on August 31, 1971, in Atlanta Georgia, United States. Tucker has grown up in a middle-class family with his parents, Norris Tucker Sr. (Father), was a business owner of janitorial service and Mary Louis (Mother) along with his five siblings. Chris was the youngest son and has a Native American ancestry. He was raised in Decatur, Georgia and graduated from Columbia High School in Decatur. Chris father passes away on 14th January 2016. To pursue a career in a show business he shifted to Los Angeles, California.
In 1992, 20 years Chris Tucker began performing at La clubs and become the regular performer at the Def Comedy Jam. He made his acting debut by stating as a rapper on the American Sitcom Television series “Hangin” with Mr. Cooper. His acting career took place at the comedy film House Party 3.In the late 1990s after he started the role of Detective James Carter in an American Chinese Buddy Acting Comedy Film Rush Hour he earned immense admiration. In 1995, he appeared in ‘Smokey’ in the comedy film ‘Friday’ featured Ice Cube as it’s opened a door to bigger roles. In the political drama film “Panther” he appears as a bodyguard. In the same year, he had roles in “Money Talk” with Charlie Sheen, “Ruby Rhod” and “The Fifth Element” with Bruce Will become the financial success. In 1997, Chris appeared in the Quentin Tarantino crime thriller Film “Jackie Brown” as Beaumont Livingstone (fast-talking hustler). In 1998, its sequels Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3 he was part of it.
For Five years Chris Tucker took a break from films. Later, In 2012, he comes back to stand-up comedy and returned to film in the Academy Award-winning drama Silver Linings Playbook in the role Danny McDaniels, co-starring Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro. He was one of the winners of the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards for Best Cast. In 2015, he himself performed in the Netflix Stand-up Special “Chris Tucker-Live while sharing his experience. In 2016, in War Drama film “Billy Lynn’s Halftime Walk” he acted as “Albert”.
Personal Life Chris Tucker Net Worth
There was a rumor Chris affairs with actresses like Nia Long, Vanessa Mendoza, India Arie and Gelila Asres (Producer). Later, he was married to Azya Pryor. In 1998, she gave a birth to a boy named Destin got a divorce but Chris son lives with his mother in Los Angeles. He divides his time among Bel Air, Los Angles; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Atlanta, Georgia.
His lavishing properties worth over $1 million while his Mulholland Park house has 5 bedrooms include a personal harbor. Eventually, he sold it and had a profit of $2 million. He even owns a house in Florida of $6million having 5 bedrooms with the basement designed to a harbor for private ships.
Chris Tucker was born in Decatur, Georgia, in 1971. He first made a name for himself with his regular standup performances on Def Comedy Jam. After a string of smaller film roles, Tucker vaulted to fame and wealth with the Rush Hour series, starring alongside Jackie Chan. In 2012, after a five-year hiatus, he returned to the big screen in Silver Linings Playbook.
Commercial Success Chris Tucker Net Worth
Tucker’s big break came in 1995, when he landed a small role as Smokey, a talkative pothead, in the film Friday, starring Ice Cube. The movie delivered big box office returns and put the young Tucker on the radar screen of its fans. In 1997, Tucker’s fame took another big leap with his role as Ruby Rhod in The Fifth Element, a science-fiction thriller starring Bruce Willis. That same year, he played Beaumont Livingston in the Quentin Tarantino-directed Jackie Brown.
But it was Tucker’s role as Detective James Carter in the cop-comedy blockbuster Rush Hour (1998), alongside Jackie Chan, that propelled him to A-list celebrity status. Over the next decade, two sequels were made and released. For Rush Hour 3 (2007), Tucker negotiated an astounding $25 million contract, the highest base salary in film history. But while previous installments of the Rush Hour series had delivered a combined box office take of more than $600 million, Rush Hour 3—reportedly costing more than $140 million to make—failed to deliver like its predecessors.
FOR MORE CELEBRITY NETWORTH