Wiz Khalifa Net Worth Wiz Khalifa Rapper, songwriter and actor was born Cameron Jibril Thomaz to parents who were both serving in the military. Khalifa lived in Germany, the United Kingdom and Japan before his family settled in Pittsburgh. When he was 16 years old, his contribution to a mixtape of Pittsburgh artists caught the attention of Benjy Grinberg, founder of Rostrum Records. The following year, Khalifa released his own mixtape, and in 2006 he released his first full-length album, “Show and Prove,” which earned him a nod from Rolling Stone magazine. As of early 2017, he has put out eight albums and made TV and movie appearances.
The bulk of Wiz Khalifa’s net worth comes from concert ticket sales. He excels in merchandising, selling his branded products through online outlets such as Amazon. His net worth as of April 2017 is $45 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
What he’s up to now wiz khalifa Net Worth
Khalifa, a big advocate for the legalization of marijuana, released a mobile app in April 2017 called Weed Farm that lets players operate marijuana farms and reinvest the proceeds to grow their businesses. Khalifa also continues to record and is in the process of finalizing his next album, “Rolling Papers 2.” In September 2016, he concluded a tour with Snoop Dogg and plans to start touring again this year. His company, Taylor Gang Entertainment, produces albums for artists such as Berner, Juicy J, Project Pat, Taylor Gang and Ty Dolla $ign, and creates licensing deals for merchandise.
Khalifa won the BET Best New Artist award in 2011. He’s won three Billboard Music Awards, has been nominated for 10 Grammys, and has won two Teen Choice Awards. In 2016, he was nominated for a Golden Globe award for Best Original Song for the tune “See You Again,” which was featured in the movie “Furious 7” as a tribute to the late Paul Walker. He’s also been nominated for several MTV Video Music Awards and two People’s Choice Awards.
Wiz Khalifa knows how to grow his net worth. See how his fortune compares with that of his ex-wife, model and entrepreneur Amber Rose.
Personal Life wiz khalifa Net Worth
|Famous As||American Rapper & Songwriter|
|Birth Name||Cameron Jibril Thomaz|
|Birth Date||September 8, 1987|
|Birth Place||Minot, North Dakota, United States|
|Wiz Khalifa Net worth||$45 Million As Of 2017|
|Occupation||RAPPER, INVESTOR, SONGWRITER, ACTOR|
|Father Name||Laurence Thomaz|
|Children||Sebastian Taylor Thomaz|
|Who is it?||SINGER, SONGWRITER, RAPPER|
|Nick Name||Wiz Khalifa|
|Education||HE ATTENDED THE TAYLOR ALLERDICE HIGH SCHOOL IN PITTSBURGH. HE STARTED TO WRITE HIS FIRST SONGS AT SCHOOL, WHEN HE WAS 9.|
|Addresses: Home||North Dakota|
|HOUSES & CARS||He lives in a luxury house in suburb of Pittsburgh.
He has a very impressive car collection including Rolls Royce, Porsche, and Challenger.
|Source of Income||Albums live concert, sponsors|
Body Measurements wiz khalifa Net Worth
|Height:||6 feet and 4 inches|
|Distinctive Features: Tattoos and ear piercings||Distinctive Features: Tattoos and ear piercings|
|Feet/ Shoe Size: 11||Feet/ Shoe Size: 11|
|Body Shape: Athletic||Body Shape: Athletic|
|Wiz Khalifa – “Work Hard Play Hard” (Remix) [ft. Young Jeezy & Lil Wayne]||Wiz Khalifa – “Work Hard Play Hard” (Remix) [ft. Young Jeezy & Lil Wayne]|
|BY: EVAN MINSKER||BY: EVAN MINSKER|
|TRACKSRAPAUGUST 25 2012||TRACKSRAPAUGUST 25 2012|
Early Life and Career wiz khalifa Net Worth
Born Cameron Jibril Thomaz on September 8, 1987 in Minot, North Dakota, Wiz Khalifa is one of today’s leading rap artists. He moved around a lot as a kid because his father was in the military. At an early age, Khalifa discovered his love for making music. He started writing lyrics around the age of nine and began recording his own tracks a few years later.
Spending his high school years in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Khalifa attracted a local following as an artist. Soon he was garnering national attention with his 2006 mixtape Prince of the City: Welcome to Pistolvania. The following year, Khalifa had his first hit rap single with “Say Yeah.” He also released more mixtapes, including Grow Season (2007) and How Fly (2009) with Currency, around this time.
Top Rap Artist wiz khalifa Net Worth
Khalifa’s career reached new heights with his ode to the Pittsburgh Steelers, his hometown team, with 2010’s “Black and Yellow.” He also made headlines for his arrest on drug-related charges. Approximately 60 grams of marijuana was found on his tour bus while he was in North Carolina for a concert. While his team didn’t win the Super Bowl, Khalifa made it to the top of charts with the song in 2011. “Black and yellow” was featured on his Rolling Papers record, which climbed to the number two spot on the album charts. The album also included a bonus track, “Taylor Gang,” which is the nickname of his fans. Reportedly the name comes from the Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers that Khalifa is famous for wearing.
In 2012 Wiz Khalifa teamed up with Snoop Dogg for the comedic film Mac and Devin Go to High School. His next album, O.N.I.F.C. (2012), featured such singles as “Word Hard, Play Hard” and “Remember You.” Khalifa worked with a number of other rappers on the record, including Juicy J and Pharrell Williams. He also launched his own concert series called the Under the Influence of Music tour. As a guest artist, Khalifa had another hit with Maroon 5 on their song “Payphone.”
Major Works wiz khalifa Net Worth
- Wiz’s first album ‘Show and Prove’ was released by Rostrum and featured 17 title songs. ‘Pittsburgh Sound’ was the most popular from the album.
- His second album, ‘Deal or No Deal’ proved to be a better success than the first one. It was promoted by a single, ‘The Plane’. The album made it to the 10th position of the Billboards Top Rap albums in US.
- His third album proved to be quite a success. ‘Rolling Papers’ created an identity for Wiz Khalifa in the music industry. The album received a double platinum recognition by RIAA. It reached the second spot on Billboard’s top 200 list.
- Khalifa’s fourth album also made it to the second spot in the Billboards list. O.N.I.F.C. had around 17 tracks and sold 148,000 copies in its first week.
- His fifth album, ‘Blacc Hollywood’ received a gold certification from RIAA and turned out to be in the Billboards list too.
- ‘Khalifa’, Wiz’s 6th album, reached the 3rd position in the Billboards R&B Hip-Hop album list. It was his fourth album release with the Atlantic Records.
Awards & Achievements wiz khalifa Net Worth
- In 2006, Wiz was declared as the Artist to watch by Rolling Stones.
- He was named the Rookie of the Year by The Source in 2010.
- 12 – 12 – 12 was declared as Wiz Khalifa Day by Pittsburgh City Council.
- Wiz Khalifa won the BET Award for the Best New Artist in 2011.
- He received the Billboard Music Award for the Top New Artist in 2012. He also received the same for Top Hot 100 song and Top Rap song for See You Again in 2016.
- He won the Teen Choice Award for See You Again for being the Choice R&B Hip Hop song and Choice song from a Movie or TV Show in 2015.
- Other than these, he was nominated for a number of other awards like People’s Choice Award, MTV Video Music Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, Grammy Awards and American Music Awards.
- He had a nomination for See You Again for the Golden Globe Awards in 2016.
Personal Life & Legacy wiz khalifa Net Worth
- He was arrested in November 2010 for the use and possession of marijuana. However, he was let off on a bail of $300K. This happened during his Waken Baken tour.
- He is very open about his use of marijuana and spends around $10,000 every month on it.
- In 2014, the Cookie Company sponsored him his marijuana supplies. It is a medical marijuana dispenser which sells his Khalifa Kush strain, which he partnered with River Rock Cannabis to create.
- In 2011, he started dating model Amber Rose and the duo got engaged in 2012.
- In 2013, they got married and have a son named Sebastian Taylor. They got separated in 2015 after Amber filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences between them. They now share the custody of their son.
- His stage name, Wiz Khalifa, is drawn from the Arabic word, Khalifa that means successor and wisdom (Wiz – short).
- Wiz’s main inspirational influences are Camp Lo, Jimi Hendrix, Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony and The Notorious B.I.G.
- He owns a house in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Wiz appeared on the cover of the Magazine XXL, for being in the annual list of Top 10 freshman.
- Wiz’s free mixtape ‘Kush and Orange Juice’ received so much popularity that it was the number one trending topic on twitter with hashtags #kushandorangejuice and the most searched on Google.
- Wiz was named MTV’s hottest breakthrough MC of the year in 2010 with nearly 70,000 votes.
Amazing facts wiz khalifa Net Worth
· Khalifa willingly left Warner Bros.
- Most artists would kill to get a record deal, but Khalifa was happy to walk away from his when he couldn’t see eye to eye with Warner Bros. after ‘Say Yeah.’ He never put out a full album with the label and went the indie route for another year, turning down an offer to join Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group, before Atlantic signed him in the summer of 2010. ‘Rolling Papers’ became his major-label debut in March 2011 and reached No. 2, behind only Britney spears ‘Femme Fatale.’
· Girlfriend Amber Rose has met his mom.
- He introduced them in January at a Pittsburgh Steelers game. “They actually really, really dig each other,” Wiz said” Amber is a sweetheart, and my mom, everybody who meets her loves her anyway. So it was really tight.” That’s a good thing, because if Amber is really going to be having his babies at some point, we’re glad that the future grandmother approves!
- His parents supported his pot habit.
- Wiz started smoking at a young age and still remembers his first time. “I got really stoned. I thought I was asleep but I was awake. I was a little bit younger than I should’ve been,” he said “My dad didn’t like it. My mom didn’t care. After a while, they saw it wasn’t affecting anything. I was still productive.” He added with a laugh, “My mom smoked weed, so she just wanted in.”
· Wiz is a nerd – in the movies, at least.
- Wiz and snoop dogg seem like a natural fit for a stoner movie, so it makes perfect sense to see them filming ‘High School.’ Khalifa told billboard. “It’s a great buddy film. It’s just about – Snoop’s the cool guy in school and I’m kind of the nerd.” It’s hard to imagine such a cool guy as the nerd, but we’ll wait and see. He added that he and Snoop want to release a soundtrack: “We’ve got 10 songs already and we’re using all 10 of them… We’re just doing things that people aren’t doing these days.”
· He took a risk by turning down a chance to tour with Drake.
- Drake made a personal appeal last fall for Khalifa to join him on tour, but Wiz, who hadn’t yet released ‘Rolling Papers,’ politely declined. He wanted to perform for his own fans, even if the crowds were much smaller. “No disrespect to cuz or anybody else who might wanna see me do some more collaborative things,” Wiz told XXL, “but to keep buildin’ and keep my brand as strong as what it is, I gotta keep focus in’ on what it is.” Noting that Drake made $10 million in the previous year, Wiz added, “Maybe when I make $10 million, then we can tour.”
· Khalifa actually wrote ‘Black and Yellow’ with the intention of having it become the Pittsburgh Steelers’ theme song.
- When Steeler fans embraced ‘Black and Yellow’ as the team advanced to the Super Bowl in February, it was no accident – Wiz planned it that way. He told MTV when the song was released that he hoped it would become an anthem for the club. Several months later, he found himself performing the song prior to the AFC Championship Game, and the track reached No. 1 during Super Bowl week.
FOR MORE NETWORTH